About Us: Launched in 2019, the Southern Economic Advancement Project (SEAP) partners with policy thinkers and doers to amplify their efforts and bridge gaps in policy infrastructure. SEAP’s goal is to advance policies that improve economic security, healthcare access, and environmental justice for all Southerners—acting as a connector, convener, and policy entrepreneur across issues and states, translating good ideas to the Southern context. SEAP researches policies to achieve stronger outcomes at the state and local level in the South, amplifies the activities of local organizations through technical assistance and grants, and provides a bridge between the best learnings nationally and a regional strategy for implementation and engagement. Embedded in the work of SEAP is a rigorous consideration of race, class and gender, which intersect all social and economic policies in the south.
Position Title: Outreach and Digital Associate
Reports to: Regional Engagement Director and Communications Manager
Start Date: September 1, 2022
Position Summary: SEAP is seeking to fill its newly developed position of Outreach and Digital Associate. This role is well suited for a dynamic professional who is able to identify and meet partners’ needs and engage with the general public through deep social media engagement.
The Outreach and Communications Associate will be responsible for working with both the communications and regional engagement departments. This position will undertake direct engagement with partners and coordinate SEAP’s public-facing social media platforms to elevate policy efforts across the South. The ideal candidate will be able to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
Responsibilities: Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for creating digital content for the website and social media based on current SEAP projects and happenings
- Create content that includes writing captions and designing graphics/videos
- Reply to comments and email inquiries
- Write copy for emails to help establish partnerships, collaborations, & outreach for new members
- Research new social media engagement strategies
- Measure and maintain the periodic increase of followers on all social media platforms
- Increase SEAP’s online presence and overall engagement
- Support the Regional Engagement Director with setting up partner calls
- Research new partnership opportunities
- Assist in planning and executing digital webinars and other engagement programs for Southern stakeholders
- Support the Director with Human Resources and contract database
- Coordinate internship programming efforts and schedule interviews
- Participate in staff meetings
- Draft agendas and run-of-shows for large external meetings
- A keen understanding of social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Google and Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with email content creation and distribution (MailChimp)
- Experience with website content management system (WordPress)
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively across teams, functions, and departments, driving alignment, and managing deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Digital Marketing and/or Outreach Strategy, Social Work, Sociology, or Psychology
- Experience in political campaigns, nonprofits, grassroots organizing, or event planning is valued
- Fluency in another language: Spanish or Korean will be a plus
How to Apply: Please submit your resume/CV and Cover Letter to:
Genny Castillo + Dede Dunham at SEAP@rooseveltinstitute.org with the subject line “OUTREACH AND DIGITAL ASSOCIATE”
Benefits: Remote, Health insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, 401(k), Flexible spending account, Paid time off, Life insurance
SEAP is located in Atlanta, GA, and is sponsored by the Roosevelt Institute. Roosevelt is an equal opportunity employer and affirms in policy and practice to consider all applications in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, military status, height and weight, genetic predisposition or carrier status, arrest record, or other legally protected status. We strongly encourage people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ candidates to apply.